LECTURES FOR THE CURIOUS
WEDNESDAY MARCH 20TH 1:00 PM
LEARN ABOUT CapTel – A FREE service that gives those hard of hearing the ability to communicate on the telephone. Speaker: SUSAN KIRK
TUESDAY MARCH 26TH 1:00 pm
The Benefits of Using MCMC’s MyChart Speaker. KAREN JONES
AARP Tax Aide is on Fridays from 2:00 - 6:00 and Saturdays from 9:00 - 1:00.
BINGO EVERY THURSDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHTS.
Doors open at 4:00 and games start at 6:00. New players encouraged to arrive by 5:30. Average payout is over $1300 each night. Minimum buy-in is $10.
2. Stretch yourself past your limits every day.
3. Take action without expecting results.
4. Use setbacks to improve your skills.
5. Seek out those who share your positive attitude.
6. Don't take yourself so seriously.
7. Forgive the limitations of others.
8. Say "thank you" more frequently.
2) Adopt a dog. Those daily walks will keep you moving!
3) Attend a Blue Zones Purpose Workshop.
4) Remove all computers and electronics from your bedroom. Here most older adults have an advantage by not being addicted to their Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts.
5) Designate a space in your home for quiet time, meditation, or prayer.
6) Stock your cupboard with 10-inch dinner plates because you mindlessly eat more calories when eating off larger plates. And that doesn’t mean you can go back for seconds!
7) Remove TVs and computers from the kitchen and dining areas. They lead to mindless eating and consuming needless calories.
8) Own a bathroom scale and weigh yourself regularly.
9) Attend a plant-based cooking class. Knowing how to cook plant-based dishes that you enjoy increases the nutritional quality of your meals.
10) Grow a garden at your home or adopt a plot at a community garden.
11) Schedule a weekly happy hour with friends and a small glass of red wine - IF you have a healthy relationship with alcohol.
12) Have a conversation about getting older. Join the Center’s “Let’s Talk” group every Friday at 11:00. Or have a honest conversation with your adult children about what you want.
13) Belong to a faith-based organization.
- ▼ March (3)
- ► February (4)
- ► 2018 (52)
- ► 2017 (49)
- ► 2016 (51)
- ► 2015 (50)
- ► 2014 (54)
- ► 2013 (50)
- ► 2012 (51)
- ► 2011 (53)
- ► 2010 (51)
- ► 2009 (54)