2) Adopt a dog. Those daily walks will keep you moving!
3) Attend a Blue Zones Purpose Workshop.
4) Remove all computers and electronics from your bedroom. Here most older adults have an advantage by not being addicted to their Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts.
5) Designate a space in your home for quiet time, meditation, or prayer.
6) Stock your cupboard with 10-inch dinner plates because you mindlessly eat more calories when eating off larger plates. And that doesn’t mean you can go back for seconds!
7) Remove TVs and computers from the kitchen and dining areas. They lead to mindless eating and consuming needless calories.
8) Own a bathroom scale and weigh yourself regularly.
9) Attend a plant-based cooking class. Knowing how to cook plant-based dishes that you enjoy increases the nutritional quality of your meals.
10) Grow a garden at your home or adopt a plot at a community garden.
11) Schedule a weekly happy hour with friends and a small glass of red wine - IF you have a healthy relationship with alcohol.
12) Have a conversation about getting older. Join the Center’s “Let’s Talk” group every Friday at 11:00. Or have a honest conversation with your adult children about what you want.
13) Belong to a faith-based organization.